AD (728x60)

Salt Your Appetite - A fun, experimental beer brewing and foodie blog with some great recipe ideas and reviews.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Bourbon Chicken Recipe

Bourbon Chicken

One night while I was trying to think of something to make for dinner, I started to think back to some of my favorite meals, at some of my favorite restaurants so that I could try and recreate some of the dishes! Out of all the amazing meals I've had, at some pretty incredible restaurants, something super random popped into my head: "Chuck-o-rama bourbon chicken!" I know what you're all thinking, "'Up-Chuck-o-rama?' Really?" Yes. I love it! There's one thing you should know about me; I am a buffet-aholic! I can never turn down a decent buffet. Especially, if there's Chinese food, or bourbon chicken!

I had all the ingredients for a delicious bourbon chicken... minus the bourbon! D'oh! Hmm, let's improvise! Foodies and foodettes, allow me to introduce, the magnificent, the spectacular, bourbon-less bourbon chicken! This one is a tad spicy, so if you're not keen on a little tingle, tone down the use of the chili flakes, or eliminate them completely. You'll still have a delicious chicken dinner.

For this dish, I served the chicken on top of some quinoa, with some BBQ beans (recipe coming shortly), and veggies! Feel free to use what you like, whether it's white rice, brown rice, you'll still love this chicken... I'm sure of it!

Enjoy!

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 35 minutes

Total Time: 40 minutes


Ingredients

  • 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • ¼ tsp ginger
  • ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • ¼ cup apple juice
  • ? cup brown sugar
  • Pinch of cayenne pepper
  • 2 tbsp ketchup
  • 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • ½ cup water
  • ¼ cup soy sauce
  • 1 or 2 green onions, chopped
  • Pinch of sesame seeds

Instructions

  1. 1. In a medium bowl whisk together garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, apple juice, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, ketchup, cider vinegar, water and soy sauce.
  2. 2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat and cook chicken until no longer pink, about 10-15 minutes.
  3. 3. Pour sauce mixture over chicken, boil for about 5 minutes. Toss chicken to coat.
  4. 4. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes.
  5. 5. Top with green onions and sesame seeds.
http://www.saltyourappetite.com/recipes/dinner/bourbon-chicken-recipe/

Share Your Thoughts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Floating Ad

2014 Salt Your Appetite. All rights reserved.