There's a new trend emerging in the food-blogging world: muffin pan recipes. Everyone is making all sorts of delicious foods in little bite-sized form. From mini pizzas, to mini casseroles, we followed suit and have created our own muffin pan lasagna cups! These adorable little cupcake lasagnas are perfect anytime. The kids will love them, you can set them out as hors d'œuvres for a dinner party. What's better,is that there's enough meat sauce leftover to use for a nice pasta dinner a couple of days later! Two dinners in one... you're welcome!
Three of these little bad-boys with a slice of garlic cheese bread or a couple of garlic knots (recipe coming soon), and some veggies filled me up quite nicely. A nice glass of cabernet sauvignon or shiraz always pairs nicely with lasagna as well.
- 6 Whole wheat lasagna noodles (a few extra in case some break)
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 26 oz. jar pasta sauce (I used Ragú® Robusto™ Six Cheese)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 can small pitted olives
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes (or the amount of time listed on box)
- Meanwhile, cook ground turkey, onion, Worcestershire, parsley, basil, oregano, salt and pepper, and garlic in large skillet.
- Add brown sugar when meat is fully cooked.
- Add pasta sauce, and simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water.
- Using a cup, or cookie cutter, cut noodles into about 2"-2 1/4" circles.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Line muffin pan with noodles, then top with meat sauce.
- Top sauce with a few olives, and sprinkle with mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until edges are brown.
- Cool for about 5 minutes, then serve.
You can use wonton wrappers instead of lasagna noodles if you wish. I just had the whole wheat noodles already! Using 1 lb. of ground turkey will allow for MUCH more than 12 lasagna cups. I always put it in the refrigerator overnight, and use later for pasta. Two dinners in one! Or, feel free to use remaining lasagna noodles to make additional lasagna cups.